Friday, March 7, 2008

Breathe

No profound insight or deep meaning today. Just a quick update.

Brendan has been sick since last Monday. Fever of 103, general malaise. Doctor said it was a virus, he'd be better in 48 hours. Ha! He's still sick.

I started coughing a day or two later. Beckett awoke yesterday at 4 a.m. with the croup. I took him in to the pediatrician who determined he wasn't oxygenating. His oxygen level was in the 80s, so she insisted he be transported by ambulance to the ER so he could be on oxygen. Brendan and I rode along. Spent 8 hours in the ER before he was admitted. He has to stay again tonight.

I was coughing like crazy last night and having sharp pains in my ribs and feel like I have a weight on my chest. Saw my doctor 30 minutes ago who told me I have a sinus infection, bronchitis and walking pneumonia. Oh, yeah. And an ear infection. Fun stuff.

So, now I'm going to the grocery, to pick up my three prescriptions, and head back to the hospital to relieve my mother-in-law.

Say some prayers for us that we all recover quickly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am soooo sorry you are having such a difficult time. I'll be sending germ-free thoughts your way. Hope everyone recovers soon. For you, antiobiotics are a wonderful thing! I'm just finishing mine...

Suz said...

Good lord! I will be thinking of you and sending healthy vibes.

rennratt said...

Oh, hon!

Nooze had the crud, in the same fashionas Brendan. Chachi took her to the dr. on day one, simply because her fever was SO high that it wouldn't break.

Doctor told Chachi that medication wouldn't work; the virus simply had to run its course.

It took SIX DAYS. She was home, in bed or on the couch, from Friday through Wednesday. She still has the croup-like cough.

I can not imagine being as sick as YOU are, and having a child in the hospital! Thank God for Grammie!

Get some rest, and let us know if you need anything, ok?

Love you.

Jenau said...

Lots of prayers coming your way! I can't even imagine! Feel better all of you, and quick!

MiriyaB said...

Lots of love & prayers from the other side of the Atlantic here...

may you have a full and speedy recovery, and be sustained in body and in soul by the care of your friends and family, as you care for and sustain them.

Anonymous said...

Hope all of you feel better soon!

A. said...

well, good lord, honey, when it rains it pours! health and wellness prayers to you and your family! bless your heart, you've got more than a body needs right now.